[ovirt-users] Update Self-Hosted-Engine - Right Way?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:16:55 UTC 2016

Ah ok.
So you previously installed an All-in-One setup following something like
these instructions:
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/integration/allinone/

But this feature is deprecated in 3.6 and it should be dropped in 4.0

And you want to migrate this single host installation to an hosted-engine
one, that for a clean new install should be done with something like this:
http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/

In your case you have to migrate and follow something similar to this:
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/migrate-to-hosted-engine/

but I think it is not so simple if you have at the end only one host to
use....
You could export your VMs and the re-import them after migration and
scratch of your hypevisor.

What Joop suggested is the rpm command (adding a final "m" to rp)

But I think that actually you are on All-in-one where the engine mgmt part
is installed on the same machine that acts as the hypervisor.
Try to read the migration doc I pointed out and see if you can adapt it to
your environment (I don't know which 3.x version it is...)

HIH,
Gianluca