[ovirt-users] Update Self-Hosted-Engine - Right Way?

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Mon Mar 7 11:20:34 UTC 2016

Hello Gianluca,

yes i installed the All-in-One Solution. I know the fact, that it will
deprecated in Version 4.0, but my company is so small that it actually
would not be profitable to use min 3 Server (2 ovirt and 1 for storage).
i also have to migrate from another solution which doesnt support the
free version realy good. So oVirt all-in-one seems to me a good option,
actually, and i hope while lots of people use that, that the developer
will have over version 4.0 a similar solution. as far as i know the
support until 4.0 is still there for all-in-one and the date for release
not public. so it could be at end of the year or later ... maybe ...

Ok back to the topic. No i want to migrate, i simply want to Update from
3.6.2 to 3.6.3. Actually i do these:

- in WebGUI Admin Portal i set the Host to Maintenance Mode
- # yum check-update
- # yum update
- # engine-setup
- run through config Options
- in WebGUI run Upgrade for the Host
- after successfull Upgrade i set the Host back to active

These Steps seems in my test to work, but is that the right way for
All-in-One ?

Many thx
Taste