[ovirt-users] regenerate libvirt-spice keys after libvirtd restart?

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 17:43:41 UTC 2016

The only problem with spice certs in oVirt I remember over the last 5
years concerns certificate encoding - which bit only users who used
non-ascii characters in Organization. The bugs (private RHEV
unfortunately) should be fixed for quite some time - and the fix
involved certificate regeneration. You can see it in recent versions of
engine setup...

Otherwise, it was really transparent process. Try removing
the /etc/pki/vdsm/libvirt-spice directory, reinstalling package that
owns it (yum reinstall vdsm) and reinstalling host in RHEV. You should
get 100 % fresh certs by this time.

BTW when I was meddling with libvirt settings on oVirt host last time,
vdsm complained and refused to work. Doesn't it say something
interesting about it?

David