[ovirt-users] User cannot add a disk to a VM - permission error

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Wed Mar 9 04:02:03 UTC 2016

Trying to understand the oVirt user permissions system… I have a user who I have granted the “PowerUserRole” role to, with the role description being “User Role, allowed to create VMs, Templates and Disks.”

When I log into the User Portal with this user, I try to create a VM with a disk, but when I click the OK button, I get the message, “Cannot add Virtual Machine Disk. The user doesn’t have permissions to attach Disk Profile to the Disk.

What other permission(s) do I need to grant this user in order to have it be able to create VMs?