[ovirt-users] Configuring the SRIOV virsh device

David LeVene David.LeVene at blackboard.com
Wed Mar 9 06:49:34 UTC 2016

Hey All,

Still trying to work through this VMFEX stuff, and I know what I want the file to look like at the end.. but not sure how to achieve it from the doco written here

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/hook/vmfex/
and
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/network/ucs-integration/

Currently my device looks like this

# virsh -r net-dumpxml vdsm-SRIOV
<network>
  <name>vdsm-SRIOV</name>
 <forward mode='bridge'/>
  <bridge name='SRIOV'/>
</network>

I want it looking like this, then the networking will be as it should be!
A port group would be a vNIC Profile from the looks of things...

  <name>vdsm-SRIOV</name>
  <forward dev='enp6s0f1' mode='passthrough'>                             <-- defined as a passthrough device, not a bridge
    <interface dev='enp6s0f1'/>
    <interface dev='enp6s0f2'/>
    <interface dev='enp6s0f3'/>
    <interface dev='enp6s0f4'/>
<   .. list of interfaces available to it which would need to be manually inputted as a hook>
  </forward>
  <portgroup name='ame1-test1'>
    <virtualport type='802.1Qbh'>
      <parameters profileid='profile-ame1-test1'/>
    </virtualport>
  </portgroup>
  <portgroup name='ame1-prep1'>
    <virtualport type='802.1Qbh'>
      <parameters profileid='profile-ame1-prep1'/>
    </virtualport>
  </portgroup>
</network>

Cheers
David
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in error.