[ovirt-users] "wildcard resolve to multiple address" during hosted-engine --deploy

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 06:41:35 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Zach <zfnoctis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep running into the following error when going through the
> "hosted-engine --deploy" configuration.
>
>     [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation': wildcard
> resolved to multiple address
>
> So far, I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  My best
> guess is that there is some issue with the FQDN that I used, but I'm not
> sure what I've done wrong.  I've included the following line in
> /etc/hosts for the FQDN.
>
>     192.168.0.50    ovirt.domain.local
>
> I've also attached the output log, as well as the full output of me
> answering all the prompts.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, let me know if I need to include more
> information.

It seems like there are some left-overs in vdsm from previous attempts.
If you want to further debug this, please:
1. Try to give exact flow, including what you tried, changed etc at each point
2. Attach all setup logs and all vdsm logs

If you just want it all to work, please reinstall the machine from scratch
and try again, and if you get into problems on first attempt, check/post
setup and vdsm logs.

Best,
--
Didi