[ovirt-users] multiple NICs VLAN ID conflict

Bill James bill.james at j2.com
Tue Mar 15 18:19:12 UTC 2016

thank you very much for the reply.
I'm trying to find more about how to setup a 'fake vlan id', but so far
have not been able to find anything.  The link you mentioned mentioned a
link about setup_network_hooks, but the link doesn't work any more.

I have found there is a directory called
/usr/libexec/vdsm/hooks/before_network_setup.

This doc http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/hook/network-nat/
suggests using "|sudo engine-config -s CustomDeviceProperties"

but I haven't found any descriptions on how to use it.
This doc goes into a little detail:

http://200.1.19.60/ovirt-engine/docs/manual/en_US/html/Administration_Guide/VDSM_hooks_defining_custom_properties.html

but what property define vlan number and how do I tell it that this
number is really that number?

Thanks.