[ovirt-users] Shutdown Problems on oVirt Node

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 15 20:28:29 UTC 2016

On 14-3-2016 10:43, Allon Mureinik wrote:
> Odd. Never seen such behavior in any of our set ups.
> Can you please include vdsm's logs, sanlock's logs and /var/log/messages?

I have noticed the same behaviour but not on server hardware but on my
workstations which I use as a ovirt test setup.
One would expect that a shutdown  on a host would shut it down cleanly
but the only way to get that is to run a small script that will take
care of:
- service ovirt-ha-agent/broker stop
- shutting down engine if it runs on this host
-  service vdsmd stop
- service sanlock stop (takes quite a bit of time (~2min?))
- umount whatever is needed
- service nfs stop
- shutdown

This will poweroff my host which normally runs my hosted-engine
everytime. Sanlock seems to be indirectly the problem. wdmd(?) (watchdog
daemon) seems able to keep the host from powering off, most of the time
it will result in a reboot, or hanging at 'powering off'

I spend quite a bit of time looking into logs but have not been able to
find anything conclusive, could be my problem not knowing which log to
look at or to dig up enough info to find the root cause.

Joop