[ovirt-users] 3.6.3 : Disable Networkmanager?

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 08:22:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:
> Le 17/03/2016 07:32, Edward Haas a écrit :
>>
>> Hello Nicolas,
>>
>> Please let us know which docs you refer to.
>

> http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/11/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-5-part-two/
>
>> Engine by itself should work fine with NM.
>

> I'm installing my 5th 3.6.3 oVirt DC this month, and I'm still witnessing
> that when keeping NM_CONTROLLED=yes in my
> /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-blahblahblah files, the network setup
> doesn't resist a reboot (we're using bonding + vlan, and it all goes well
> with NO networkmanager).

Do you refer to the Host/s (which run the hypervisor with the VM/s) or
the Engine?

If you refer to the Engine, if setting there bonding and vlans
manually (using ifcfg files?), it may collide with NM in certain
cases, but that is a general issue, not related to Engine
specifically.
You could define the bonds and vlans using NM (nmcli).