[ovirt-users] question mark on VM ( DB status 8 )

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 11:58:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:35 AM, paf1 at email.cz <paf1 at email.cz> wrote:
> I used that, but lock active in a few seconds again.
> And oVirt do not update any VM's status

Unlocking entities is ok when you know that the operation that took
the lock is finished
or failed. This is a workaround for buggy operations leaving disks in
locked state, not
a normal way to use the system.

We first must understand what is the flow that caused the snapshot to
be locked, and
why it remain locked.

Please describe in detail the operations in the engine side, and
provide engine and vdsm
logs showing this timeframe.

Nir

> Pa.
>

> On 17.3.2016 10:26, Eli Mesika wrote:

What do you mean by "backup"? Can you describe how do you backup the vm?