[ovirt-users] Trouble configuring ISO domain on oVirt 3.5

Hal Martin hal.martin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:18:36 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Please excuse me if this question has been asked before, I've searched
the mailing list archives and can't find someone having the same
problem as I am.

I have a new oVirt installation that I'm trying to configure, and I
cannot get the ISO domain I configured during engine-setup to show in
the UI at all.

Installation layout:
# Engine
CentOS 7 - oVirt Engine 3.5 (VM on different, non-oVirt cluster)
# Nodes
de-fra-p-hv05 - oVirt Node 3.5
de-fra-p-hv06 - oVirt Node 3.5

I installed and configured the engine, but the node that runs the
engine is a VM, and will not be running VMs itself. I intend to use it
only as a management node (in the VMWare world this would be analogous
to the vCenter server). I don't want to run hosted engine because that
requires me to install Fedora/CentOS on the blades. I would much
rather have the engine live on a different cluster and just run oVirt
node on the blades.

I am able to install the nodes successfully, and configure them from
within the engine UI.

I am using an iSCSI SAN for VM storage. As per the Quick Setup guide,
I have configured my iSCSI network on the nodes and created an iSCSI
storage domain for VMs.

Where I am utterly stuck is the creation of the ISO domain:
http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/quickstart/quickstart-guide/#Attach_an_ISO_domain

Since the server running oVirt engine is not participating in the
cluster, it doesn't appear in my data center. This might be my
problem, but I'm not sure.

Here's a summary of the data center I have configured thus far:
System
|- Data Centers
  |- Storage
   |- sanQA
  |- Networks
   |- ovirtmgmt
   |- hpmsa
   |- vmnet128
  |- Clusters
   |- QA
    |- Hosts
     |- de-fra-p-hv05
     |- de-fra-p-hv06

I have edited the ACL on the server running oVirt engine to allow rw
access on /var/lib/exports/iso to nodes de-fra-p-hv05 and
de-fra-p-hv06.
$ cat /etc/exports.d/ovirt-engine-iso-domain.exports
/var/lib/exports/iso de-fra-p-ove01.domain.xyz(rw)
/var/lib/exports/iso 172.20.102.215(rw)
/var/lib/exports/iso 172.20.102.216(rw)

When I try to import an ISO domain in the Data Center -> Storage tab,
I get the following error:
"Error while executing action: Cannot add Storage Connection. Storage
connection already exists."
Attached is the engine log from attempting to import the ISO domain.

I don't have any ISO domain visible in the Storage tab of my data
center. Since I cannot see the ISO domain in the UI, I cannot create
new virtual machines on my cluster.

Please help me understand what I've done wrong.

I've also attached a screenshot of the management interface. As you
can see, I've configured an iSCSI domain. I see no button in the UI to
"Attach ISO"

http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/quickstart/quickstart-guide/#Attach_an_ISO_domain

Thank you,
Hal