[ovirt-users] Storage Diversity Options oVirt 3.6

Clint Boggio clint at theboggios.com
Fri Mar 18 16:27:27 UTC 2016

Greetings all, and Happy Friday;

I'm running oVirt 3.6 management engine that is currently overseeing 4
compute nodes, attached to iSCSI storage over Infiniband. The compute
nodes have 8 hot-swap hard drive slots, with each only having 2 slots
occupied in a hardware RAID array level one for the hypervisor to live
on.

Would it be possible for me to set up each compute node with a second
array in the remaining 6 hot-swap slots, and utilize that new space for
a nice fault tolerant GlusterFS storage array ?

1. Would the system allow me to add the Gluster storage to the existing
datacenter/cluster that is currently using iSCSI ?

2. Would I be able to configure all aspects of the Gluster
environment(except the hardware RAID array)through the GUI ?

3. What hardware RAID level would be optimal for  this configuration ?
(RHEV documentation says RAID 6 is "Mandatory")

4. Will the system support live migration between storage domains ?

I'm reading through the gluster documentation now to get a better
understanding of it's inner workings. Is there a good source for Gluster
on oVirt that i can reference as well ?