[ovirt-users] Where to add NFS Data Storage

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Tue Mar 29 13:25:52 UTC 2016

Hello Joop,

ans sorry for my late reply. Indeed the docs of red hat are very good,
if you found the right one. i worke a few weeks with oVirt and i can
make all run, but for my personal needs, i will understand the system
and what is made where and why. Thats why i asked a lot question about
deeper sense...There are also lots of howtos in the net which didnt work
any more or for diffent cases or systems.

So as i first startet with all-in-one, someone say that this will not
longer supported at 4.x ok, so i test now the hosted-engine, but its a
bit tricky to setup if you new and some changes came with new releases.

i actually do more than 10 installation, and learned each time i play
with options in setup. I searched the docs too, but some things i didnt
find. My problem is still the handling of nfs export paths and activate
them in ovirt later.
one of my experience is: 1 path for data, 1 path for iso and all as nfs
export, which work well. if iam in ovirt i cant activate the data path,
while the wizard says it is allready in use.
so next installation i created same 2 paths plus one for engine which i
take at installation for the engine. if i later in ovirt add the data
nfs path, i suddenly see both data nfs domains, engine and data. and
thats what i not understand?

For understanding, the storage cames though the Cluster and will used by
the hosts, right? Or have i add each storage over the system, which will
used in each cluster by the hosts? Or depend its on the concept of using
the storage, e.g. storage on host or extra storage in the net?

Greetings