[ovirt-users] Hosted-Engine with only 1-IP

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 14:16:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Taste-Of-IT <kontakt at taste-of-it.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> one question from a beginner. The case, i rent a server with 1 public
> IP-Address. Is it possible to setup oVirt as Hosted-Engine via ssh and vnc
> remote with only 1 public IP-Address, or need i a second public IP-Address
> for the engine? Perhaps its about an host entriy or something like this
> possible?!

hosted-engine setup will let you choose one of the existing interfaces
and it will create a bridge over that.
The nic of the VMs you are going to start will be attached to that
bridge: I'm not that sure that the service provide which rent you the
server will let you freely use your server nic in bridged mode without
killing all the spoofed trfinc from your VMs.

If so as I think, another option is to deploy hosted-engine over a
second network interface or a dummy interface with private addressing.
In that case, configuring the NAT rules between your single public IP
address and the internal network you are going to create for your VMs
will be completely up to you.