[ovirt-users] Problems With VMWare Import

Charles Tassell ctassell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:53:10 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

   This doesn't seem to be a bug in oVirt so much as in the
libvirt/virt-v2v tool it uses for importing, but I figured someone here
might have run into this issue before.  I'm trying to import some VMs
from my VMWare cluster and it's failing with a "file not found" when
trying to download the disk images.  I have files in the datastore like:

systest-55-000001-delta.vmdk    4G
systest-55-000001.vmdk  1K
systest-55-Snapshot1.vmsn    4G
systest-55-flat.vmdk 40G
systest-55.vmdk   1K
... bunch more small .vm?? files

For some reason virt-v2v is trying to download a file called
systest-55-000001-flat.vmdk which doesn't exist.  I'm assuming this has
something to do with the snapshots stored in the folder...  Does anyone
know a way to deal with that?  Can I just delete the snapshots or is
that going to delete data stored on the VM since the last snapshot?  I'm
using virt-v2v 1.28.1 if that makes a difference.