[ovirt-users] ovirt backup

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Tue May 10 15:20:09 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 05:10:22 PM Dobó László wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to implement an incremental block level backup solution for
> ovirt. I have a few nice idea with libvirt, but i can't manage it directly.
> Any advice which direction should i start, what kind of possibilities i
> have to communicate with libvirt?
>
> Thanks,
> enax

I think a good starting point would be this:

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/backup-restore-api-integration/

>From what I understand of this after reading it, is you will have a backup VM
that is running your incremental backups from live snapshots made from running
VMs that are mounted on that VM. I haven't looked into it that closely though.