[ovirt-users] Exclamation mark on Windows guests Ovirt 3.6.5

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu May 12 14:01:16 UTC 2016

> On 12 May 2016, at 15:41, Jack Greene <jack at sdhelp.com> wrote:
>
> I was barking down the virtio-win effort to no avail
> virtio-win-0.1.117.iso
> virtio-win-0.1.102.iso
> virtio-win-0.1.110.iso
> virtio-win-0.1.96.iso
>
> When I found the guest-tools-iso.
>
> yum -y install ovirt-guest-tools-iso
>
> Installed:
>  ovirt-guest-tools-iso.noarch 0:3.6.0-0.2_master.fc22
>
> fc23 not available in CentOS 7 yet?

There seems to be some issue in the repo, the right version to be used with 3.6 is at
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.6/rpm/el7/ovirt-guest-tools-iso-3.6-3.fc23.noarch.rpm
You can ignore the fcxx part…it’s not significant at all as those packages are not part of Fedora nor contain any release dependent code, it’s just an iso inside to be used on Windows

it shouldn’t matter for the exclamation mark problem though, that fix was on the engine side and it works with older guest agents as well (not too old, still should be at least some 3.6:)