[ovirt-users] Trying to understand the mixed storage configuration options.

Jason Ziemba jason at ziemba.net
Fri May 13 14:04:22 UTC 2016

Nir,

The use cases of my current configuration is a mix of duplicated data
clusters (Percona/Consul/CouchBase) and ephemeral systems (web servers)
that work perfectly when 'locked' to a local host  These are built in such
a way that losing a physical host reduces redundancy but isn't outwardly
service degrading.  The other side is the duplicated databases (namely
Percona) that would induce a fairly high level of NAS bandwidth that is
avoided when they leverage the local storage on their host system.

The goal would be to have the ability to house the highly redundant and/or
ephemeral systems to be housed on the hosts local storage, whereas guests
that need HA or one-offs would be housed using the NAS allowing seamless HA
or online migration.