[ovirt-users] RemoveDiskSnapshots error's on engine log

Greg Padgett gpadgett at redhat.com
Fri May 13 20:57:16 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 05:32 PM, Ivo Rütsche wrote:

> Hi List
>
> At the moment, we replace a filer and we have to move the VM's to
> another filer. We have a lot of problems with it. Sometime we have to
> restart the engine, sometime we have to move the image arround and
> sometimes we don't have a chance to remove the snapshots. When the VM is
> running, most of the time the snapshot remove never starts.
>
> Now, i found these errors every second in the engine.log since today:
>
> 2016-05-11 23:25:29,102 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandsFactory]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-90) [] Error in invocating CTOR of
> command 'RemoveDiskSnapshots': null
> 2016-05-11 23:25:29,102 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.timer.SchedulerUtilQuartzImpl]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-90) [] Failed to invoke scheduled method
> invokeCallbackMethods: null
> 2016-05-11 23:25:30,104 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandsFactory]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-66) [] Error in invocating CTOR of
> command 'RemoveDiskSnapshots': null
> 2016-05-11 23:25:30,104 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.timer.SchedulerUtilQuartzImpl]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-66) [] Failed to invoke scheduled method
> invokeCallbackMethods: null
> 2016-05-11 23:25:31,105 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandsFactory]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-76) [] Error in invocating CTOR of
> command 'RemoveDiskSnapshots': null
> 2016-05-11 23:25:31,105 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.timer.SchedulerUtilQuartzImpl]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-76) [] Failed to invoke scheduled method
> invokeCallbackMethods: null
>
> I try everything, but i can't find the problem.
>
> Anyone who have an idea, where i have to search?

Hi Ivo,

I'm not sure what would cause this to start happening after a successful
deployment, but perhaps enabling debug logging would help narrow it down.
  See [1] for instructions on that.

Greg

[1]
http://old.ovirt.org/OVirt_Engine_Development_Environment#Enable_DEBUG_log_-_Runtime_Change.3B_No_Restart