[ovirt-users] Adding another host to my cluster

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at demontbrun.com
Mon May 16 17:59:16 UTC 2016

Roy,

Thank you so much for asking for the logs on the engine. The serial.txt bein blank was my issue. I found a solution in the following thread online here: http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-November/028870.html
I did the exact same thing that Dinuwan did to solve his issue back in 2014 and was able to enrol my new server and install the hosted-engine just fine on it.

I am not certain what caused serial.txt to be empty and am will to share logs to anyone from the oVirt team who might want to see them. For my purposes, I'm considering this issue solved.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and suggestions.

Cheers,
Gervais