[ovirt-users] Cannot sync networks

Roderick Mooi roderick at sanren.ac.za
Tue May 17 09:59:03 UTC 2016

Good day

On oVirt 3.6.4 HE. I manually reconfigured host networks by doing the
following:
1. Changed to global maintenance mode
2. Shutdown the hosted engine
3. on each host:
a. systemctl stop ovirt-ha-agent && systemctl stop ovirt-ha-broker &&
systemctl stop vdsmd
b. updated /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets to match the required
config
c. updated ifcfg files to match
d. rebooted each host
4. When all is up and running again, verified network connectivity and
settings on each host - ok.
5. Logged into engine web UI - all hosts detected but show network
out-of-sync (see attached example).
6. Individual sync / sync all networks runs for a while till login time
out. Log back in and go to host - still shows out-of-sync (even next day or
after rebooting again).
7. Eventually got one host to sync (not hosting any VMs and rebooted).
8. Whatever I try cannot get the other hosts to sync (even when moving all
VMs off and rebooting).

Any ideas? Do I have to manually edit the database and change the network
settings for the DC - if so, how do I do this? (the host config is what I
want - DC is old config.)

Alternatively, if I have to start all over again, what is the correct way
for changing networks post HE install (I need this as the network for
installation and testing looks different to the final production network)?

Thanks very much,

Roderick