[ovirt-users] Cannot sync networks

Alona Kaplan alkaplan at redhat.com
Sun May 22 12:37:09 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Syncing a network means applying the DC config on the host (overriding the actual host config).
Since as you mentioned, the DC config is old and not relevant,
I guess it is not working since you're trying to apply wrong address/gateway/netmask on the management network, it causes the engine lose connectivity to the host, and eventually ends up with a rollback.

What you need to do is to update the DC config to be same as the host config.
Since the out-of-sync properties in the attached image are address, gateway and netmask of 'ovirtmgmt',
you need to open the 'setup networks' dialog and edit the 'ovirtmgmt' network (clicking on the pencil icon).
In order to be able to edit the network, you first have to mark the 'sync network' checkbox in the dialog. Then modify the address/gateway/netmask to the host value.
Then click 'ok' and perform the setup networks ('ok' to the setup networks main dialog).