[ovirt-users] AAA LDAP timeout

Dominique Taffin dominique.taffin at 1und1.de
Wed May 18 09:34:11 UTC 2016

Hello!

We do have a rather large LDAP which does take some time to answer.
Using oVirt and AAA LDAP extension, I do run into timeouts.

running "ovirt-engine-extensions-tool --log-level=FINEST --log-
file=tool.log aaa login-user --profile=abc --user-name=xxx" fails
with:

[...]
LDAPSearchException(resultCode=85 (timeout), numEntries=0,
numReferences=0, errorMessage='A client-side timeout was encountered
while waiting 60000ms for a response to search request with message
ID 3, base DN [...]

ldapsearch itself takes approx 2 minutes.

Can the timeout of 60000ms be configured somewhere? I could not find
anything in the documentation...

thank you and best,
 Dominique