[ovirt-users] How to change host networks?

Roderick Mooi roderick at sanren.ac.za
Thu May 19 12:16:26 UTC 2016

Hi!

Both. My immediate problem is in email 17 May "Cannot sync networks"
(existing setup) with no answer as yet. But I need to do this again even if
I start over (see detail below - I tried but it isn't working so if there's
a better way I'd like to know)...

So essentially, the network I use for setup isn't the same as the final
production network for various reasons - one of them being the installers
requirements re reachability and connectivity; the other that the test lab
has a different subnet and I need to get it working there first; third
requirement is isolation of the management network once setup is complete.

I've almost managed to achieve this by putting the engine into global
maintenance, shut down engine, manually changing the network config on the
hosts (incl vdsm) and engine, rebooting all hosts (which eventually brings
the engine back up), re-configuring logical networks and syncing the
networks - this all works except the sync - it goes on for a few minutes,
then reports lost connectivity to the host and I presume resets the network
config - i.e. the sync doesn't succeed. Besides the hosts showing network
not synced all functionality except migration seems to be working (all
hosts visible and reachable and I can start a VM on any of them)....

Thanks very much,

Roderick

Roderick Mooi

Senior Engineer: South African National Research Network (SANReN)
Meraka Institute, CSIR

roderick at sanren.ac.za | +27 12 841 4111 | www.sanren.ac.za