[ovirt-users] SELinux and oVirt

Cam Mac iucounu at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:35:00 UTC 2016

Hi Michal,

I chose the 'reinstall node' option from the GUI menu, which appeared to go
ok, however, I still cannot create or migrate a VM on that node. I can see
selinux 'denied' messages relating to qemu-kvm, e.g.:

type=AVC msg=audit(1464189232.136:251): avc:  denied  { read } for
 pid=4019 comm="qemu-kvm" name="650000ab-b33a-483a-af46-76f7305e2ae5"
dev="sda2" ino=35401 scontext=system_
u:system_r:svirt_t:s0:c720,c927 tcontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0
tclass=lnk_file

There are a number of errors in the vdsm log but I assume that relates to
selinux blocking it. So perhaps I need to remove all the ovirt packages
manually, or perhaps re-install the OS as well? I guess either of those
options involves complications with certificates and WWIDs for the attached
SAN.

Or could I somehow generate selinux labels?

These nodes + engine are not yet production, though I'd prefer to fix than
restart entirely from scratch.

Thanks for any help.

regards,

Campbell