[ovirt-users] moVirt 1.4 RC1 (Android client for oVirt)

Filip Krepinsky fkrepins at redhat.com
Thu May 26 16:05:16 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Michal Skrivanek < mskrivan at redhat.com >
> wrote:
>

> > On 25 May 2016, at 13:50, Tomas Jelinek < tjelinek at redhat.com > wrote:
> >
> > Hey All,
> >
> > the first RC of moVirt 1.4 has been released!
> >
> > It can be downloaded only using direct link[1] - the play store will be
> > upgraded after considered stable.
> >
> > The most important feature of this release was to enhance the dashboard so
> > it will look similar to the one coming to oVirt 4.0.
> > Screenshot attached.
> >
> > Other changes:
> > - Added new dashboard functionality (virtual/physical consumption,
> > clickable cpu/memory consumption)
> > - Better UI (dashboard, adding/editing triggers)
> > - Better sorting in lists
> > - Memory units are now displayed correctly
> > - Fixed crashing bugs when looking at hosted engine
> >
> > Would you like to help/contribute?
> > Sure, for example you can:
> > - give feedback on the new dashboard (the one from the attachment)
>
> Looks great!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

> I guess the two lists in portrait mode are truncated all the time, it would
> probably make more sense to show only one column and switch hosts/vms via
> real/virtual toggle
>
> Or show the top 5 VMs and below it, the top 5 hosts. This way the text isn't
> cut:

I think we should show only one list (hosts/vms) depending on the state of the view (physical/virtual), which I think will make more sense from UI perspective.

> Most utilized VMs:
> abc-vm 107%
> def-vm 105%
> this-and-that-vm 44%
>
> Most utilized hosts:
> this-host 27%
> that-host 30%

> > - download RC [1], test it and report bugs
>
> Small nitpick - the color of the warning icon should not be yellow if there
> are no warnings.
> Y.

Yes this would be better for warnings and error events.

> > - patches are also welcome :)
> >
> > have a nice day,
> > Tomas
> >
> > [1]:
> > https://github.com/matobet/moVirt/blob/master/moVirt/moVirt-release.apk?raw=true

The link to the APK has been updated to RC2 (units were changed to display by IEC standard - KiB, MiB, etc.)

> > Users mailing list

I will start working on the changes mentioned.
Filip