[ovirt-users] What recovers a VM from pause?

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon May 30 13:59:17 UTC 2016

Le 30/05/2016 15:30, InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> you are aware of the fact that eql sync replication is just about
> replication, no single piece of high availability? i am not even sure if
> it does ip failover itself. so better think about minutes of
> interruptions than seconds.

Hi Juergen,

I'm absolutely aware that there is no HA discussed here, at least in my
mind.
It does ip fail-over, but I'm not even blindly trusting it enough,
that's why I'm doing numerous tests and measures.
I'm gladly surprised by how the iSCSI stack is reacting, and its log
files are readable enough for me to decide.

Actually, I was more worrying about the iSCSI reconnection storm, but
googling about it does not seem to get any warnings.

> anyway, dont count on ovirts pause/unpause. theres a real chance that it
> will go horrible wrong. a scheduled maint. window where everything gets
> shut down whould be best practice

Indeed, this would the best choice, if I had it.

--
Nicolas ECARNOT