[ovirt-users] ?==?utf-8?q? Problem using xenial cloud images with ovirt

Claude Durocher claude.durocher at cptaq.gouv.qc.ca
Mon May 30 18:14:07 UTC 2016

I will reply to myself here.

Ubuntu 16.04 uses a different naming rules for it's network cards (no more ethXX). In the cloud image, they have a nic named ens3 wich defaults to DHCP (this is coded in file /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/50-cloud-init.cfg).

The long delay in booting was in part due to the fact I had no DHCP server and I was trying to push a fixed IP address to eth0. So I ended up adding a DHCP server and using ens3 instead of eth0. Hope this helps someone.