[ovirt-users] How to automate the ovirt host deployment?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:22:10 UTC 2016

Sorry for the previous empty email.

I was testing foreman plugins for ovirt deploy. They are some how broken.
The foreman-install --enable-ovirt-provisioning-plugin breaks the foreman
installation. I need to dig deeper:(

wrote:

>> Thank you for the hint. I will try next week.
>> Foreman looks quite complex:)
>

> I think this is an excellent suggestion - Foreman, while may take a while
to set up, will also be extremely useful to provision and manage not only
hosts, but VMs later on!

>> I would prefer simple Python script with 4 lines: add, install, setup
networks and activate.

> You can look at ovirt-system-tests , the testing suite for oVirt, on
Python code for the above.
> Y.

possible to automate installation with ovirt-sdk?

>>> You could do that, or look into full life cycle management with The
Foreman.