[ovirt-users] Moving Hosted Engine NFS storage domain

Roman Mohr rmohr at redhat.com
Tue May 31 15:19:54 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Staniforth, Paul
<P.Staniforth at leedsbeckett.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>          we would like to move our NFS storage used for the HostedEngine.
>

> Plan would be
>
> enable global maintenance
> shut-down HostedEngine VM
> edit  /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf on hosts
>
> storage=newnfs:/newnfsvolume
>
> copy storage domain from old to new nfs server
> start HostedEngine VM
> run engine-setup on HostedEngine VM

I think this step is not necessary.

> disable global maintenance
>
> Has anyone had any experience doing this?
>
> Have I missed any steps out

I am not sure what will happen with the imported hosted engine storage
domain in ovirt-engine. It might still show the old path in the UI.
Adding Roy.
For me the steps look good but I never did it. Adding Martin and Simone.