[ovirt-users] How to automate the ovirt host deployment?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:03:37 UTC 2016

Nice! Finally no sad face anymore:)
I am testing centos 7.2, with foreman 1.11

Testing  now with unattended installations on multiple vms. Works like a
charm:)
Later will try on baremetals.
I need to learn how to write templates.

Den 30 maj 2016 22:22 skrev Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com>:

> Sorry for the previous empty email.
>
> I was testing foreman plugins for ovirt deploy. They are some how broken.
The foreman-install --enable-ovirt-provisioning-plugin breaks the foreman
installation. I need to dig deeper:(

Don't know what distribution you're using but setting all up manually
showed me that Foreman needs to be at at least 11 for the plugin to work.
Otherwise it behaved in the same way for me; all fine and well until the
provision plugin was installed and then *sadface* :)

Get Foreman up to version 11 and you'll be fine, is my guess.

/K

> Am 28.05.2016 4:07 nachm. schrieb "Yaniv Kaul" <ykaul at redhat.com>:
>>

> > On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Thank you for the hint. I will try next week.
> >> Foreman looks quite complex:)
> >

> > I think this is an excellent suggestion - Foreman, while may take a
while to set up, will also be extremely useful to provision and manage not
only hosts, but VMs later on!

> > You can look at ovirt-system-tests , the testing suite for oVirt, on
Python code for the above.
> > Y.
> >

> >> Am 27.05.2016 6:51 nachm. schrieb "Karli Sjöberg" <karli.sjoberg at slu.se
>:

possible to automate installation with ovirt-sdk?

Foreman.