[ovirt-users] OVA import of FC21 VM hangs during virt-v2v conversion?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Nov 7 17:54:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've successfully imported several VMs already, so I thought I had the
process down.  Each import completed relatively quickly.  So that's why
this one was such a surprise.

I've got a Fedora 21 VM packaged into an OVA.  I copy it to my ovirt
host and then [Virtual Machines] -> Import -> [OVA] and select the ova
file.  Follow the process, assign the correct storage location, and let
it go.  Usually it takes only a few minutes, but it's been sitting in
the conversion process for over 20 minutes already (multiple attempts
end in the same place).  It's only a 4GB disk; the other imports were
all around the same size and took significantly longer.

I tried running virt-v2v by hand:

LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct virt-v2v -v -x -i ova fedora21.ova -of raw -o null

and it hung here:

guestfsd: main_loop: new request, len 0x28
guestfsd: main_loop: proc 26 (aug_close) took 0.03 seconds
libguestfs: trace: v2v: aug_close = 0
libguestfs: trace: v2v: selinux_relabel "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts" "/" "force:true"
guestfsd: main_loop: new request, len 0x6c
commandrvf: stdout=n stderr=y flags=0x0
commandrvf: setfiles -F -e /sysroot/dev -e /sysroot/proc -e /sysroot/selinux -e /sysroot/sys -r /sysroot -q /sysroot/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts /sysroot/
Can't stat exclude path "/sysroot/selinux", No such file or directory - ignoring.
^C

Any ideas why this VM is different from all the other VMs?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745