[ovirt-users] I wrote an oVirt thing

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Nov 30 13:20:47 UTC 2016

Le 29/11/2016 à 21:09, Ekin Meroğlu a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Oved Ourfali <oourfali at redhat.com
> <mailto:oourfali at redhat.com>>wrote:
>
>     BTW, the ovirt-shell is something we deprecated. It is working on
>     top of the v3 api, which we plan to remove in 4.2.
>     So better not use it.
>
> ​Is there a plan to replace the shell with something similar? I see it
> frequently used by our users for both scripting and one-off tasks.
+1, yes deleting an old v3 API ok, but why not adapting ovirt-shell to
the new v4 API? I use ovirt-shell every day, often to replace the slow
webadmin and to run some useful scripts. I'm not enough familiar with
python or java to write my own scripts, and I find ovirt-shell very
useful, easy and fast. We've been used to have ready-to-go CLI in almost
every opensource software as a simple way to manage, why not going on
with ovirt 4 if people do need it? Is cloud approach something to do
with that idea?
Rational reason would be much appreciated.

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle Infrastrutures Informatiques