[ovirt-users] hosted-engine and GlusterFS on Vlan help

Hanson hanson at andrewswireless.net
Tue Oct 4 14:38:49 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

I've converted my lab from using 802.3ad with bonding>bridged vlans to
one link with two vlan bridges and am now having traffic jumping to the
gateway when moving VM's/ISO/etc.

802.3ad = node1>switch1>node2
801.1q = node1>switch1>gateway>switch1>node2

I assume I've setup the same vlan style, though this time I used the gui
on the initial host install... setting up the vlans with their parent
being eth0.

Hosted-engine on deploy then creates ovirtmgmt on top of eth0.11 ...

Switch is tagged for vlans 10 & 11. Including a PVID of 11 for good
measure. (Gluster is vlan 11)

I'd expect the traffic from node to node to be going from port to port
like it did in 802.3ad, what have I done wrong or is it using the gui
initially?

This is how the current setup looks:

/var/lib/vdsm/Persistent/netconf/nets/ovirtmgmt:
{
     "ipv6autoconf": false,
     "nameservers": [],
     "nic": "eth0",
     "vlan": 11,
     "ipaddr": "10.0.3.11",
     "switch": "legacy",
     "mtu": 1500,
     "netmask": "255.255.255.0",
     "dhcpv6": false,
     "stp": false,
     "bridged": true,
     "gateway": "10.0.3.1",
     "defaultRoute": true
}

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ovirtmgmt:
# Generated by VDSM version 4.18.13-1.el7.centos
DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
TYPE=Bridge
DELAY=0
STP=off