[ovirt-users] documentation change suggestion / question

Karli Sjöberg karli.sjoberg at slu.se
Sun Oct 9 08:26:16 UTC 2016

Den 8 okt. 2016 19:15 skrev Charles Kozler <ckozleriii at gmail.com>:

> Googling "ovirt windows agent" this is the first link that pops up: http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/internal/guest-agent/guest-agent-for-windows/
>
> This doc seems non-intuitive and over complicated
>
> Specifically, the RedHat documentation that is 4 links below is simple as "install this package and mount the iso": https://community.redhat.com/blog/2015/05/how-to-install-and-use-ovirts-windows-guest-tools/
>
> The former was updated as early as June of this year
>
> 1.) The RedHat document worked for me so I dont think oVirt 4.x cant use the same
> 2.) Why have separate areas of documentation that are so different from each other? This has caused me issues in the past whereby I found RH docs that were much more clear and concise

That's because all oVirt documentation is community driven. This specific page was written by a guy I happen to know quite well (I wrote it):)

This was written back when there was no easy to install package, where you had to do that by hand, and if you want to, you still can, the method still works. But I agree that if there's an easier way today, I think we should go with that first and keep this compiling method as the fallback.

> 3.) Is there anyone who might want to merge RH docs with oVirt docs where the RH docs are better than oVirt?

Hoping someone @RH can answer this, because I don't know if I'm allowed to do that?

/K