[ovirt-users] Average VM per host

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 17:49:17 UTC 2016

On Oct 19, 2016 5:56 PM, "Nicolas Ecarnot" <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Though I read some surveys about this, I'd rather directly ask the oVirt
community this question, and especially to people using it as a production
cluster : as an average, how many VM are running on each of your hosts?

The host with 1TB RAM or 64GB?

There is no meaningful average for two reasons :
- Host specs (example above) - some believe in scale up (fewer but stronger
hosts), some believe in scale out (more hosts, not as high end).
- Workload specs -  Virtual desktop VMs with 2-8GB of RAM,  or large
in-memory 512GB 'monster VMs'?

We see both. So it can range from very few to hundreds.
Y.