[ovirt-users] oVirt and Ubuntu>=14.04?

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Fri Oct 21 10:00:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

you will enter hell when you try to achieve it on Ubuntu at least in a
setup using glusterfs and also LVM with thinpool.

I tried hard to do it on 14.04.x since I'm an Ubuntu fan and went to
centos 7 after a lot spent hours.

Bye

Am 21.10.2016 um 01:24 schrieb Charles Kozler:
> Probably not. There are a lot of difference between CentOS/RHEL &
> Ubuntu/Debian in this regard - paths like /etc/sysconfig and similar
> that it expects. You can run Ubuntu VMs, of course, which is why you
> found the guest utilities. If you want Debian-backed KVM solution you
> can look to Proxmox
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Jon Forrest
> <jon.forrest at locationlabs.com <mailto:jon.forrest at locationlabs.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     On 10/20/16 4:11 PM, Charles Kozler wrote:
>
>         oVirt is the upstream source project for RedHat Enterprise
>         Virtualization (RHEV). As expected, its only supported on
>         CentOS 7 (and
>         older versions on 6)
>

>     This makes sense. But, do either of these components work on Ubuntu,
>     and, if so, how well?
>
>     Thanks for any information.
>
>     Jon Forrest

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70
fax +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 759
mail *rs at databay.de* <mailto:rs at databay.de>

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wilhelm Dohmen