[ovirt-users] ovirt-engine, ovirt-engine base O.S, hypervisor base O.S update(s)

Sandvik Agustin agustinsandvik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:29:20 UTC 2016

hi user,

I'm planning to update my virutalization and to fix some system
incompatibility.

we've been using this kind of setup since 2014 and as of now we're not
having some problem.

the system incompatibility that I mention is that, at first my ovirt-engine
base os is CentOS 6.7 and my ovirt-engine first version was 3.5 I believe
that version 3.5 supports adding hosts with the base O.S of Centos 6.x,
then we decided to update the ovirt-engine version from 3.5 to 3.6, then i
begun having problem adding hosts with base O.S of CentOS 6.x, then tried
to google it, I found out that ovirt-engine 3.6 does not support adding
hosts with base O.S of EL6.x, just to add the new host, I decided to change
the base O.S of it from CentOS 6.7 to CentOS 7, i've successfully added it
to the ovirt-engine but on the different Cluster, and because of this, some
features of ovirt-engine 3.6 was unable to use. By the way, my setup here
is self-hosted "ovirt-engine".

now my question is
1. will it still work if I restore my current ovirt-engine backup with base
of CentOS 6.7 to a new ovirt-engine base O.S CentOS 7 without messing with
the Domain data storage. LDAP and VM(s)?

TIA
Sandvik