[ovirt-users] Local storage & shared in same cluster

Sebastian Greco sgreco at essiprojects.com
Mon Oct 31 07:28:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> VMs are not
> very interesting as a use case for RHV customers. When y

Thx for the answsers. I see that it's the second time that someone from RH
points out that customers are not interested in this feature. While I can't
argue with that, what I do can say is that "non-customers" (most of
companies out there using vsphere or hyper-v) feel dissapointed towards
this solution for things like this one (for this case, 2 of my customers
are missing this, we are deploying RHV to one of them this week).

I don't see how this lack of flexibility is something good, and so far from
my experience with customers which I'm trying to convince to start using
RHV, when they finally do agree to start with one or two servers (following
the RHCI roadmap evolution to the hybrid cloud), they see things like this
and dismiss this solution sooner than later.

Anyways, question has been answer "yes, is technically possible but by
design it is not going to happen", and I wouldn't like to convert this
thread or abuse your kindness deviating the subject :)

Thx again guys for the help,