[ovirt-users] Edit default vdsm.conf

Thu Sep 1 08:58:34 UTC 2016

Hey,

I'm wondering how I change what gets put into the default vdsm.conf on
oVirt systems?

I've looked at the docs here
(https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-host-deploy/blob/master/README.environment)
and they suggest I should be able to put something like this:

[environment:init]
VDSM_CONFIG/vars/migration_max_bandwidth=str:0
VDSM_CONFIG/vars/max_outgoing_migrations=str:1

In /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/50-custom.conf on the engine (does it
need to go on the hosts instead?)

How ever I can't get that to work. The var above never gets deployed to
the system and if I add it and reinstall oVirt (Right Click on Host ->
Reinstall) the config gets wiped. Is this the proper way? Should I be
putting this config somewhere else to get it to find it?

The system its running on is on oVirt 3.6.x but will be upgraded to 4
soon if that helps. Its also not a hosted Engine, a standalone one.
Hosts are running C7 but Engine is still on C6 (about to be moved to
C7).

Cheers,
James