[ovirt-users] ovirtsdk4 and cloud-init

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 08:31:21 UTC 2016

On 09/01/2016 05:26 PM, Renout Gerrits wrote:
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That works :)
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Ondra Machacek <omachace at redhat.com
> <mailto:omachace at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/31/2016 12:36 PM, Renout Gerrits wrote:
>
>         I have some troubles starting a VM with cloud-init via the
>         ovirtsdk4.
>
>         <snippet>
>         vm = vms_service.list(search=vm_name)[0]
>         vm_service = vms_service.vm_service(vm.id <http://vm.id>
>         <http://vm.id>)
>
>         vm_service.start(
>             types.Action(
>                 use_cloud_init=True,
>             ),
>             types.Vm(
>                 types.Initialization(
>                     regenerate_ssh_keys=True,
>                     host_name=vm_fqdn,
>                     nic_configurations=[
>                         types.NicConfiguration(
>                             boot_protocol=types.BootProtocol.STATIC,
>                             name='eth0',
>                             on_boot=True,
>                             ip=types.Ip(
>                                 address=vm_address,
>                                 netmask=vm_netmask,
>                                 gateway=vm_gateway,
>                             ),
>                         ),
>                     ],
>                 ),
>             ),
>         )
>

>     You have to use named parameters:
>     like:
>
>     action=types.Action(..)
>     vm=types.Vm(..)

In addition the VmService.start method doesn't have an "action"
parameter, it has the following parameters:

    def start(
        self,
        async=None,
        filter=None,
        pause=None,
        use_cloud_init=None,
        use_sysprep=None,
        vm=None,
    ):

So your code should look like this:

    vm_service.start(
        use_cloud_init=True,
        vm=types.Vm(
        ),
    )

>         </snippet>
>
>         Which will result in:
>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>           File "./create_vm.py", line 94, in <module>
>             gateway=vm_gateway,
>           File
>         "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/services.py", line
>         18655, in start
>             Writer.write_boolean(writer, 'async', async)
>           File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/writer.py",
>         line
>         52, in write_boolean
>             return writer.write_element(name, Writer.render_boolean(value))
>           File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/writer.py",
>         line
>         44, in render_boolean
>             raise TypeError('The \'value\' parameter must be a boolean')
>         TypeError: The 'value' parameter must be a boolean
>
>         To be honest I don't have clue where it's going wrong or where
>         to look.
>         From what I can see there are two values which must be a boolean and
>         they are.
>
>         Does anybody know what's going wrong or has a working snippet?
>
>         Thanks,
>         Renout

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain