[ovirt-users] where to get information about wdmd, sanlock logic

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 10:26:19 UTC 2016

Hello,
is wdmd similar to the old watchdog daemon that was used to kill node (eg
in old Oracle 9i RAC environments on Linux)?
Is it stoppable at all  without having host reboot itself?

I see many other daemons on the hypervisor but not so clear the correlation
between them and inter-dependency
Eg
momd, vdsmd, supervdsmd
or
ovirt-ha-agent, ovirt-habroker

Suppose I have an environment with only one host up (eg single host
environment but not only; think about a site where due to planned
maintenance I have to stop all one at a time), do I have a way to put the
host in single user mode without having it automatically reboot itself?

Any docs?

Thanks,
Gianluca