[ovirt-users] global vs local maintenance with single host

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at demontbrun.com
Wed Sep 28 19:09:53 UTC 2016

Hi Gianluca,

Instead of editing the system's built in systemd configuration, you can do the following...

Create a file called /etc/systemd/system/ovirt-ha-broker.service

# My custom ovirt-ha-broker.service config that ensures NFS starts before ovirt-ha-broker.service
# thanks Gervais for this tip!  :-)

.include /usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-ha-broker.service

[Unit]
After=nfs-server.service

Then disable and enable ovirt-ha-broker.service (systemctl disable ovirt-ha-broker.service ; systemctl enable ovirt-ha-broker.service) and you should see that it is using your customized systemd unit definition. You can see that systemd is using your file by running systemctl status ovirt-ha-broker.service. You'll see something like "Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/ovirt-ha-broker.service;" in the output.

Your file will survive updates and therefore always wait for nfs to start prior to starting. You can do the same for your other customizations.

Cheers,
Gervais