[ovirt-users] Ovirt and network cards usage

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 22:11:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Osvaldo ALVAREZ POZO <alvarez at xtra-mail.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my server I have 4 nics
>
> I was thinking about using NIC3 and 4 for starage (ISCSI or NFS)
> Two (NIC1 and 2) For management and VM traffic using VLAN.
>
> But when I installed Ovirt, I had to use the firts NIC without Vlan.
> Native vlan did not work. So at the switch the NIC1 and 2 are in mode
> access.
>
> After deploying hosted-engine the ovirtmgmt network was create on first
> NIC. If I want redundancy I would have to add nic 2 to ovirtmgmt .
>
> And there is no more NICS for the VMs.
>
> Are there a way to configure VLAn on ovirtmgmt, moving hosted-engine to a
> VLAN?
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
> Sincerily
>
> inle

Hello,

I would suggest creating a non-vlan ovirtmgmt network (for management) on a
bond (that has nic1 and nic2 as slaves).
When that works out, you can add another VM network with a VLAN set on the
same bond.
On the switch you will need to define a trunk with the VM network VLANID
and a default access that corresponds to the management network.

Thanks,
Edy.