[ovirt-users] [ovirt 3.6] Logical network not working

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Sun Sep 11 17:32:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto <
lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Edward Haas <ehaas at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > Can you please elaborate on what address you assigned to the VM and
> > to what address did you tried to ping?
>

> I can explain more how is the network setup:
>
> i have a vlan with vlan id 828. The addressing assigned to this vlan
> is 10.5.28.0/22.
> Gateway is 10.5.31.254
>
> My VM has ip 10.5.28.211 and is pinging the default gateway (10.5.31.254).
>
> Logical network "Development" is connected to the interface eno5 and
> has no ip address.
>
> What i get on the vm is Destination Host Unreachable, and arp -an
> shows 10.5.31.254 as incomplete.
>
> It's a clear sign of network isolation.
>
> Luca

This means you have a trunk set on the switch port connected to eno5, right?
I would recommend setting an IP address to the 'Development' network in the
same subnet
so you could check if your VM can reach it and if you can reach from it to
the router.
Then you will have a better understanding where is the problem.