[ovirt-users] [ovirt 3.6] Logical network not working

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 07:44:12 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Edward Haas <ehaas at redhat.com> wrote:

> This means you have a trunk set on the switch port connected to eno5, right?

I'm using HP Virtual Connect and i configured the interface as
"Multiple Networks". On that interface i can list the VLANs that i
need on the specific interface. If required i can flag one of these
VLANs as native.

At the moment the setup is this:

on eno5 interface is set as "Multiple Networks". Only one network
added, which is the VLAN 828. That VLAN is set as 828, so you can
communicate over that network without specifying VLAN id.

> I would recommend setting an IP address to the 'Development' network in the
> same subnet
> so you could check if your VM can reach it and if you can reach from it to
> the router.
> Then you will have a better understanding where is the problem.

Added on eno5 the IP 10.5.30.12, with router settings.

>From my PC i can ping that IP

remixtj at remixtj:~$ ping 10.5.30.12

On the VM same. The ip is pingable.

I did also the same using the ovirtmgmt logical network and i'm
experiencing the same problem.

Luca

--
"E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle

"Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>