[ovirt-users] Deploying selfhosted engine

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 14:45:55 UTC 2016

Neraly there I think,

  Run into what is hopefully a small problem.

  When I run engine-setup on the new host, it fails with the following
error:

[ ERROR ] dwhd is currently running. Its hostname is dwhd.domain.com.
Please stop it before running Setup.
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Transaction setup': dwhd is currently
running
[ INFO  ] Yum Performing yum transaction rollback
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
          Log file is located at
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20160914154202-jr8hnc.log
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-engine/setup/answers/20160914154219-setup.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed

dwhd isn't running anywhere, and was stopped before I took the backup.
Any suggestions ?