[ovirt-users] proper update steps for HE (same major branch)

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:06:36 UTC 2016

I have my entire cluster running on oVirt 4. As updates become available,
what is the correct method to upgrade within the same major version?

My initial thought is:

1. From oVirt web update my individual nodes that are marked as "a new
version is available"

2. Logon to oVirt web through SSH and then yum update -y there

Or is it backwards? I just want to be sure so that I do not break
hosted-engine because I had to rebuild entirely on oVirt 4 after I could
not get the engines out of 'stale data' in hosted-engine --vm-status so I
am very cautious to update

I've read a couple posts on this list before but I want to be absolutely
sure before I do this

Thanks!