[ovirt-users] Replace one engine host

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Sun Sep 18 07:45:54 UTC 2016

Hello

Still playing a bit with oVirt, my cluster is ovirt+gluster with a replica
3 glusterfs for the engine (on vm01, vm02 and vm03) and 4 hosts for the
data glusterfs and running virtual machines (vm01, vm02, vm03 and vm04).
Now, by mistake, I deployed hosted-engine on vm04 but I don't want to have
the engine on a machine without local data + it's not working correctly
(weight 0 and marked as in maintenance). Now, I've already tried to
reinstall it from the the GUI marking the "Undeploy" check, reinstall vm03
marking the "deploy" check but nothing seems to work. Here it is the
hosted-engine --vm-status output from vm04. What can I do to deploy
correctly the hosted engine on vm03?

--== Host 1 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : vm01.mydomain.tld
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"reason": "vm not running on this
host", "health": "bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "unknown"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : fee2f7d8
Host timestamp                     : 48911
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
metadata_parse_version=1
metadata_feature_version=1
timestamp=48911 (Sat Sep 17 07:57:02 2016)
host-id=1
score=3400
maintenance=False
state=EngineDown
stopped=False

--== Host 3 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : vm02.mydomain.tld
Host ID                            : 3
Engine status                      : {"health": "good", "vm": "up",
"detail": "up"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 9138d24e
Host timestamp                     : 48907
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
metadata_parse_version=1
metadata_feature_version=1
timestamp=48907 (Sat Sep 17 07:57:00 2016)
host-id=3
score=3400
maintenance=False
state=EngineUp
stopped=False

--== Host 4 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : False
Hostname                           : vm04.mydomain.tld
Host ID                            : 4
Engine status                      : unknown stale-data
Score                              : 0
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : True
crc32                              : 221d262e
Host timestamp                     : 17958
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
metadata_parse_version=1
metadata_feature_version=1
timestamp=17958 (Fri Sep 16 23:19:32 2016)
host-id=4
score=0
maintenance=True
state=LocalMaintenance