[ovirt-users] Replace one engine host

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Sun Sep 18 21:21:44 UTC 2016

Oh, thanks! You put me on the right way! Now it works:
Steps that I did:
- reinstall + deploy vm03
- manually set from maintenance to none on vm03
- reinstall + undeploy vm04 (I left it deployed again last time, trying to
remove it)

Then I found the problem: vm03 hosted-engine conf
(/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf) had host_id set to 4 which
conflicted with vm04 host_id. So I changed it to 2 (the only one free),
restarted ovirt-ha-agent (and broker just to be sure) and it worked! Now
from vm-status I see vm01,02 and 03 with 3400 as priority and I can migrate
the HE vm to any of them!

Thanks a lot for your kind help, Roy!

Davide Ferrari
Senior Systems Engineer